Here are all the templates, worksheets, and sample documents we reference in our book, SEO: An Hour A Day (1st edition). These tools are free for you to download and use!
Note: This is an archived page for the first edition book. Click for the current edition worksheets.
You can download ALL of the worksheet files (Word and Excel) in this zipped file: Worksheets.zip. Or, download the worksheets in .pdf format: Worksheet Pdfs.zip (by popular demand for the anti-Microsoft crowd!).
Or, download individual worksheets chapter by chapter:
- The Goals Worksheet [DOC] Word Document can be used to clarify your business goals and the goals of your SEO campaign. This worksheet will help you lay the foundation for your entire SEO campaign. (Chapter 1)
- The Keywords Worksheet [XLS] Excel Spreadsheet is where you can list possible target keywords for your website, along with important measures that will help you finalize your top picks. (Chapter 6)
- The Site Assessment Worksheet [DOC] Word Document provides a checklist of factors to quickly assess the current optimization level of your website’s landing pages. (Chapter 6)
- The Rank Tracking Worksheet [XLS]is an Excel spreadsheet that you’ll use every month to document your website rank and indexing status, both key indicators of your search engine visibility.
- The Task Journal Worksheet [DOC] Word Document is a simple template that allows you to stay focused on Your SEO plan by giving you a place to record outstanding questions, thoughts, and issues that come up as you work. Rather than constantly going off on tangents, you will revisit your Task Journal items when time allows.(Chapter 6)
- You can use the Competition Worksheet [XLS]Excel Spreadsheet to document the basic site optimization and search engine presence of your major competitors. (Chapter 6)
- The Site Optimization Worksheet [DOC] Word Document provides a template for detailing the edits you will need on your website. (Chapter 7)
- The Link Tracking Worksheet [XLS]is an Excel spreadsheet where you can document your ongoing link building communications. Keeping this information organized will help you keep track of gains made and avoid embarrassing faux-pas such as re-sending a link request after already being accepted. (Chapter 7)
- The PPC Keywords Worksheet [XLS] Excel Spreadsheet is a convenient place to assemble all of the information you will be entering into your first PPC campaign. (Chapter 7)
- The PPC Cluster worksheet [XLS]Excel Spreadsheet allows you to compare the performance of these keyword clusters. (Chapter 9)
Looking for the sample link building letter? Click to read our article and see sample content.
I just started reding your book (second edition) in first chapter it is recomended to download the goals worksheet.
It is posible to download all work sheets in zip file however the goals worksheet is not included, and it is not possible to download it individualy. Any suggestions?