Truth be told: online marketers are very good at online marketing! Their social media marketing strategies can even serve as models for other B2Bs. So, in our quest for B2B social media genius, we looked at examples of firms pushing the medium to its max.
We wanted to know what online marketing agencies (and others in the search and marketing industry) were giving away on Twitter, so we examined industry Twitter streams to see what giveaway promotions they’ve recently offered to their followers. The giveaway items range from software trials, to free eBooks, to iPads, to a trip to Facebook’s headquarters. Here’s the full list:
- Acquisio gave away free eBooks
12 Free eBooks on #PPC #SocialMedia & #Display. Get your hand on them at the @acquisio Resource Center http://ow.ly/4AdDr
- Adgooroo (Eric Ward) gave away autographed copies of his books at the Search Marketing Expo.
I will be giving away autographed copies of my #ppc book at SMX East today around 3-3:30! Swing by the @AdGooroo booth
- Adlucent gave away a free iPad at SES New York
At #SESNY today? Visit Adlucent in Booth 2301 for a chance to win a new Apple iPad2!
- AMEX Open Search Manager gave away $20,000 and a trip to Facebook’s headquarters.
Did you know @Facebook & @OPENForum are giving #smallbiz an #OPENBigBreak with $20K and a trip to Facebook HQ? Enter now! http://aexp.co/Knc
- Bing announced an MSN trivia game on news & trending topics with a $100 giveaway.
Are you a wiz w/ breaking news & trending topics? Play the @MSN trivia game 4 a chance 2 win $100! http://binged.it/lqEGcq
- Blekko gave away iPads at South by Southwest
Congrats to @peplau for winning the #blekko #sxsw iPad 2 giveaway! Thanks to all who participated. It was great meeting all of you.
- Covario gave away inexpensive tumblers at a Forrester Marketing Forum.
Stop by the @Covario Booth #400 at #FMF11 to learn about all the digital marketing programs Covario has to offer + get an orange tumbler.
- E Search vision utilized a tweet as a conference discount for the eTail West e-commerce show.
Visit us at eTail West 2010! Call 415.814.1001 & mention this tweet for a conference pass discount when you register as a friend of eSV
- Experian offered a 10% bonus on a purchase of its address data verification service.
Verify the quality of your address data with Experian QAS for @Salesforce app! Receive a 10% bonus by purchasing before 5/31! bit.ly/gXsHvZ
- Full Sail University gave away free movie tickets to the feature film “Thor” during a reception.
FREE THOR TICKETS!!! First 25 people to Building 3 (FS3B/EB Auditorium) reception get tickets for tonight at 7:30pm! Limit 1 per person.
- Kenshoo gave away 1 free book, entitled “Everything I Know About Marketing I Learned from Google” per hour at the SES Expo
Gearing up for SES Conference & Expo in NY next week. Giving away one of these bad boys every hour at booth 2223…. http://fb.me/vyHXD5aW
- Marin Software gave away an Xbox video game system at ad:tech
Congrats to Dan x2 from Tightrope Int, one of our Xbox winners at ad:tech! http://plixi.com/p/92731610
- Sedo promoted a limited-time discount code for domain name transfers.
Ready 4 #SedoMLS & ur registrar isn’t? Xfer names 2 @Dynadot 4 cheap 4 a limited time! Use code DynaMLS @ checkout: http://bit.ly/lEjval
- SiteWit announced a programming contest for recent college graduates. The prize? A job!
We are looking for a team of co-ops from USF. Participate in our programming contest. The winning team will be… http://fb.me/M6asn85E
- Submit Edge offered 15% off an order at SMX Melbourne
Stop by our booth at #SMX Melbourne for a 15% off coupon for your next order
- The Search Monitor promoted an insider discount code for the Search Insider Summit.
Getting ready for Search Insider Summit next week in Captiva! See me for a discount code.
- Web Position offered a free trial to WebPosition, a tool that checks one’s search ranking.
Check your #ranking with our Free Trial: 1 URL, 5 #keywords, 2 engines, and zero registration. http://bit.ly/dgn3j5 #SEO
Have any examples to add? Or any favorites from the list? Feel free to comment and let us know!